The CrossBrowserTesting.com API allows you to implement our browser testing services within your own web and desktop applications via HTTP, enabling you to customize your website-testing process and workflow.
For Live Tests, the current API version is 3.0. For Automated Screenshot Tests, the current API version is 2.0.
The version of the API is specified in the URL structure like so:
What can be done with API?
- Run Live Tests: Take Snapshots, Record Videos, Record Network Packet Captures, and more
- Retrieve Live Test results
- Run Automated Screenshot Tests
- Retrieve Screenshot Test results
- API Documentation Version 3.0 (Live Tests only - Beta)
- API Documentation Version 2.0 (Screenshot Tests only)
- API Documentation Version 1.0 (Deprecated)
Users must authenticate via Basic Authentication for every API request using the same login credentials as for their account. Beggining with API version 3.0, users can use their
authkey instead of their password.
Authentication can be achieved by passing the credentials in the URL, like:
Or, using a language implementation, like Linux "curl":
curl --user username:authkey http://crossbrowsertesting.com/v3/api/livetests