Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some commonly asked questions.
- Technical requirements overview for CrossBrowserTesting.com services.
- How do I manage Subaccounts?
- What is a VNC client and why is it important?
- How do I change my VNC client setting?
- How do I test sites behind my firewall, such as my development, test, or QA environments?
- Which browsers should I test my website against?
- Do you offer 24/7 live support?
- Access denied error when trying to login
- How can I stop Google Analytics from including my testing in their data?
- "An error occurred, please try again later" error when testing Youtube hosted videos.
Plans & Pricing
- Do you offer a trial of your service?
- Tell me about minutes and how they are used
- How do you cancel? I cannot find a cancel subscription button anywhere?
- What is the maximum number of users that can access one account?
- Can I get a receipt for invoice for my payment?
- How can I change the address displayed on my receipts?
- How do screenshot tests work?
- Can I test pages protected by either form based or basic authentication?
- Why do screenshot tests fail or return unexpected results?
- How many seconds does it take for each screenshot to be produced?
- Can you tell the screenshot system to wait a few seconds after page load before taking the screenshot?
- Can I use a selenium script in the screenshot system?
- What does Hide Fixed Elements mean for screenshots?
- I can't get connected behind my firewall - what ports need to be open?
- I just installed OSX Mavericks and I cannot get the Java applet to work
- Can I change the screen resolution during a Live Test session?
- What is the Administrator Password?
- How do I keep Google Chrome from blocking Java because it is out of date?
- How do I enable Java plugins on Mac OSX?
- My mac is only showing a blank black or white screen!
- How do I change the keyboard layout from QWERTY to my layout?
- Why is the screen refreshing so slowly?
- My session starts but doesn't show anything or if it does, it freezes up after a short time. What is causing this?
- How can I test Java and troubleshoot it if it is not working on my machine?
- Can I upload files to a Live Test session?
- Can I test my site's file upload capability?
- How can I cut and paste a URL into a remote browser?
- Why is there a black square under the cursor sometimes?
- Can I take a snapshot of my screen with a hotkey
- I tried to access your site via Ubuntu and it failed. Does your app work on Ubuntu?
- Can I see how Firefox on Windows will handle my css when printing?
- Can I set the Windows display settings to 120DPI to and view my site?
- How do I scroll on the mobile devices?
- How do I rotate the screen on mobile devices?
The CrossBrowserTesting.com Launch Bookmarklet allows you to test the page you are currently working on in only 2 clicks.
- What is the bookmarklet and how does it work?
- Where do I find the Bookmarklet and how do I add it to my bookmarks or favorites?
- Logging in to the Bookmarklet takes me back to the login screen but no error message. How come?
- How do I install the bookmarklet in Google Chrome?
- Bookmarklet is not letting me login while using Safari or once I login, I can't use the links correctly . Why?
- Why does the launch bookmarklet look funny on certain sites?
- Can I use a local VNC client to access configurations?
- How do I use OSX's built in Screen Sharing application on my Mac with CrossBrowserTesting?
- I am getting a blank screen (white or black) when using Screen Sharing desktop VNC client on Mac OSX
- How do I use Chicken of the VNC on my OS X Mac with CrossBrowserTesting?
- How do I use TightVNC on my Windows PC with CrossBrowserTesting?
- How do I use a local VNC client on linux?
- When I try to use RealVNC on a pc, the connection dies and I cannot connect
- How to create a Local Connection via the Command Line
- How does the 'Local HTML files' local connection option work?
- Working with Visual Studio or iisexpress apps and the local connection
- How does the 'Internal Web Site' local connection option work?
- Our firewall is blocking access to the local testing. How do we enable it?
- The local connection applet redirects to Oracle or no longer works on my mac