How do I enable Java plugins on Mac OSX 10.7?
To enable the ability for Java Web Apps to open up within Safari and FireFox, and therefore a Live Test to display in your browser, you must perform the following steps. This only has to be done once.
1. Quit all open browsers running on your Mac
2. Click on the desktop so that you see the word "Finder" on the top left.
3. Click on the Go Menu and select Utilities
4. Double click on the Java Preferences icon
5. In the General tab, check Enable applet plug-in and Web Start applications
6. Quit the Java Preferences app and restart your browser
7. Launch the Live Test configuration