We recently surpassed the 1500 browser & devices threshold, a huge milestone for us! The engineering effort involved in providing all these browsers across a wide breadth of operating systems and physical devices takes people and patience… and we were getting crowded. New digs were desperately needed, as we had new hires working off of cardboard tables (just joking…). We found a great location just down the street from our current office at the time and settled on it quickly. It was an older building, but we were immediately drawn to the large private patio outside, windows, and green space.
Things we love:
- The outside work area. Going to be great in the Fall and Springtime for BBQs, Cornhole, and of course working.
- The white boards. Went with Quartet glass white boards that we ordered from Amazon. Relatively inexpensive at around $350 each, but MUCH nicer to write on and we put them everywhere.
- We took out a ton of walls in the office, exposing the windows and removing the dated ‘compartmentalized’ office layout. No cubes here, just peace and collaboration.
- Fancy Browser themed wall art in the entry-way. We’re obsessed with browsers and the internet – it’s literally what we do so we thought we could see our favorite logos every time we walk in the buidling
- We have 2X the space as our old place! Room to spread out and GROW!
Had a great office warming party last Friday evening. Fun was had by all. Now… time to get back to adding browsers!
Ken, Mike, & Tony