In the preview of the Windows 10 Creators Update, EdgeHTML 15 was introduced as the most recent browser updates. Among the most notable features were new tab management options and general improvements in performance and UI.
The updates include:
- Tab Preview – This bar allows you to look at a preview of each of your open tabs on Edge without having to leave your current page.
- Tab Set-Aside – Another tab management tool for when you have too many tabs open, these buttons help you set the tabs aside without closing out completely and losing your place.
- Optimized Entertainment – There’s now 4K Ultra HD resolution for Netflix binges and the ability to download e-books from the Windows Store and view them on Edge in any Windows 10 device. Edge will also support 3D content, an industry which is estimated to grow by over 62 percent by 2020.
- Better Than Chrome – Windows Edge 15 will block 9 percent more phishing sites and 13 percent more malware making it more secure than Google Chrome. The browser will also have a better battery life than Chrome, supporting up to 1.5 more hours of video, as well as boasting faster performance
- Flash Click-to-Run – Adobe Flash content will not be loaded until the user clicks to play it, further enabling improved security and battery life
- Web Payments – Preview support for Payment Request API will make checkout faster and easier by using the saved payment and shipping preferences from Microsoft Wallet
- Component UI – A new UWP architecture for Microsoft Edge’s multi-process model will. improve stability, input responsiveness, and make the UI better for slow content.
You can read the full report for what’s new, fixed, and broken in Windows 10 Build 15002 for additional information on the release. The free update of Windows Edge 15 will begin roll out April 11th 2017.